1. How much is my deductible?
    Each policy has a determined deductible agreed upon at the time of the policy inception, as discussed with your Agent. This deductible is listed on the declarations page of your policy. Your agent can provide this for you or it will be discussed with your claims adjuster as they review your claim and policy.

  2. Will this claim be covered?
    Coverage will depend on a number of factors included within your policy. Cause of loss will first be determined. Property damaged will be considered and how perils and endorsements are listed within your policy. The claims adjuster will obtain the information regarding your claim and will review your policy to determine coverage allowances.

  3. Who should I call about my claim?
    Contact your personal insurance agent as soon as possible to report the date, time, location and structure/s or items damaged, as well as cause of loss. They will report the information to the Mutual as your insurance carrier.

  4. Can I start repairs now?
    Temporary repairs are permitted immediately if it is necessary to prevent further damage such as boarding up windows, tarping roofing materials, etc. Otherwise, it is best to wait till the adjuster has contacted you and performed an on-site inspection before other repairs begin. It is necessary for the claims adjuster to inspect all the initial damage that has occurred. At the very least, await for their initial contact.

  5. Who chooses who will repair my home?
    You, as the insured, may choose the contractor to repair your home.

  6. Who are some contractors available for repair?
    It is always suggested to seek a contractor who is local and with a reputable record of good workmanship. Here are some tips to locating such a contractor:

    1. Talk with your friends, neighbors and relatives who have hired reputable contractors in the past to begin a list of options.

    2. Ask the local lumberyard for a list of reputable contractors in the local area.

    3. Get references for any contractor you may choose and ensure they have a certificate of insurance.

    4. Be cautious in signing any agreements for repair until you have agreed to payment terms.

    5. Keep in mind your insurance contract and the provisions therein is an agreement between you and the insurance company, not the contractor. Stay in contact with your claims adjuster or the Mutual company office for further questions in relation to this claim.

  7. What if my contractor finds additional damage once repair work has begun?
    Contact the claims adjustor immediately and report additional damage. The claim will need to be reviewed again or re-inspected to determine whether the damage is covered within your policy.

  8. Property has been stolen. What do I need to do?
    1. Notify the police or Sheriff’s department as soon as possible to report loss by theft, vandalism or malicious mischief.

    2. Next, contact your personal insurance agent to report the date, time, location and property damaged. They will then contact the Mutual as your insurance carrier.

    3. A claims adjuster will then contact you to discuss and/or inspect the damage and provide settlement as allowed by your policy.

  9. Livestock found dead.
    1. Contact your local veterinarian to request a necropsy report be completed and sent to the Mutual, as your insurance carrier. This will confirm the cause of loss.

    2. Report the date, time, location and property damaged to your personal insurance agent. Reporting such a loss is required within 48 hours of the loss.

    3. A claims adjuster will then contact you to discuss the damage and provide settlement as allowed by your policy.